It is the intention of this retreat to include all families in our co-created space. If your family has allergies to deal with then we encourage you to communicate your specific needs and suggest solutions so that we can all create the supported environment you need in order to feel safe.
Please take the initiative to create signs to pin up/label food etc, and communicate these specific needs at the welcome circle etc. Please let the coordinators know if you need extra support to share your needs at the circle.
The leader's cabin has a designated allergy free bench top kitchen for those that would find it compromising to their health if they ate food from the communal kitchen. Please bring required cooking equipment with you. There is potential of a small fridge and 1 cooking element but all other kitchen equipment will need to be brought with you (pots/pans, food prep utensils, cutlery, crockery, washing up etc.).
- To support our intention of community building we will share food together.
- Bring your own breakfast and lunch. Some may choose to share their lunch with other families and others have their food at different times or separately. Finding solutions that work for your family is encouraged and celebrated.
- Dinners Thursday, Friday, Saturday night will be shared (again, if you prefer to have yours at a different time or separately - no problem).
- In thoughtfulness to those who have allergies or/and are vegetarian/vegan, please try to label your meal on serving.
- We will aim to have food on the table by 5:30ish to meet the needs of our little people.
- We will have people serving meals to assist 'flow' and sharing.
- We will have a roster system for meal prep and dishes to minimise kitchen chaos! - please add your name to the roster at camp where you feel comfortable..
- On arrival at camp can you please put your food contributions in the allocated 'baskets' so that the rostered 'meal preparers' are able to find it easily.
- The meal menu has been planned to provide as much variety and choice as possible for all dietary requirements